March 26, 2016

Amazon Whisperer

     With Mugged, the revenue drivers are the sale of food and drinks. While I want to focus on and create a unique way to serve food, serving everything in mugs, realistically the majority of revenue will come from drink sales. 
     When it came to coming up with the next product, I had a really hard time thinking of something because of the nature of my idea. One of the only ideas I came up with was to add a to-go aspect to the café. I understand that a lot of people go into a café to buy a cup of coffee and than leave to continue on with their day, taking their coffee with them. My only hesitation with this idea is that, with Mugged, I’m attempting to create a small town atmosphere that will foster an organization culture that you don’t see in a lot of cafes that already exist and I feel like having people that will just come in to grab their drink or food and leave will be missing out on part of the experience that I’m offering with this café.
     However I can see a lot of positives that come from the addition of a to-go option. Ideally it would increase the number of potential customers by targeting people that don’t have time to have a seat and relax. Mugged would theoretically become more competitive with other cafes in the area by offering the same dining options.
     Due to the nature of my idea and what I decided would be my next product, I was unable to find something similar on Amazon and learn from its mistakes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caitlin,
    Great reflection on the nature of your idea and what customers want next. I think a to-go option would be a good option because it keeps you from limiting your market. It sounds as though money is not really important to you but rather the experience and lifestyle of close knit community. I think a family aspect could sell but I would be careful not to make your market unsupportable. Great job and good luck if you have the time check out my blog.
    http://oliverbranchus.blogspot.com/2016/03/amazon-whisperer.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlin, first off let me say that your blog is very creative and its nice on the eyes. Secondly I liked your post. You did a good job explaining the facets of your company idea. I think your idea itself is an interesting one and could really work. Check out my post too: http://entrepreneurshipwithq.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-unfair-advantage.html

    ReplyDelete