February 28, 2016

Week 8 Reading Reflection

     In chapter 8 of Entrepreneurship: Theory, Process, and Practice I was surprised and interested to learn about all the types of financing that goes into starting a business. Before reading this chapter, I wasn’t very familiar with the process of how to get millions of dollars worth of investors or how to even get a loan. I think overall this chapter was very informational and kind of an eye opener of what it really takes to start your own business besides coming up with a creative marketable idea.
     I found a large portion of this chapter to be confusing, specifically the sections on financing sources, angel investors, and private placement. I think that after I take my first finance course that I would be able to understand the reading a little bit better because right now it felt like they were throwing a bunch of words at me and I wasn’t comprehending them.
     I would be interested in knowing a little more about angel investors. It’s a term I’ve never heard of before and since I found that section of the reading to be confusing, it would be interesting to read it explained in a different way. Another thing I would be interested in knowing is what is the best way to get people to invest in your company. When I was looking at the figure on page 210, Kuratko makes it look easy to get more than $10K from friends and family than $100K from Angles.
     For this reading, I didn’t disagree with any particular part of the reading but like last week I think that’s mostly from my lack of previous knowledge on the topic. This is another chapter that I think would be interesting to read after I take a financing class.

No comments:

Post a Comment