March 13, 2016

My Secret Sauce

     I would describe myself, overall, as pretty ordinary because there are few things that make me different from others. If I had to come up with five things they would be:
     I lack a competitive drive but I’m ambitious which I think makes me someone who can work well with others because I’m not someone that has to be leading the team and controlling everything in order to get the job done.
     I’m extremely honest which can sometimes be a good thing and a bad thing. I’m not afraid to answer any question honestly even if it’s not what you want to hear.
     I’m non-confrontational which could be perceived as a bad thing because I can often seem like a pushover since I won’t complain if something is wrong with my order, for example.
     I’m very logical and creative. I approach situations in more unique ways than most people and when I come up with a solution I think of all the things that could go wrong or right.
     Above all I’m humble. I’m not someone to boast about a grade, money, or really any achievement. I hate to make people feel bad about themselves so I try not to be the cause.
     For my interviews, I interviewed my mom (0:00), dad (0:18), grandmother (1:52), twin brother (2:17), and best friend Savannah (2:31):
     My mom said that I am a kind and caring person that has a passion to succeed. While my dad listed numerous things that he thinks describe me which include quiet, logical, dependable, organized and shy, just to name a few. My grandmother said I was a quiet, determined individual who studies hard. Cameron, my brother, said that I am not afraid to go against the grain and that I’m not influenced by others. While, Savannah said that I’m very humble and intelligent. She mentioned that I’m someone that can show I care about someone or something without having to actually say it out loud.
     Overall, the people I interviewed didn’t say exactly the same things that I listed. I said I was non-competitive, non-confrontational, logical, creative, and humble while most of the people said I was kind, caring, quiet, logical, determined, humble and intelligent. Two of the five things I listed were explicitly stated in the interviews and I feel like another one, non-confrontational, was kind of alluded to when I was described as shy. Therefore, I think the people I interviewed see me as I see myself, I think the only reason that non-competitive and honest weren’t brought up was because the people I interviewed haven’t either ever seen me in a situation where I’m showing these qualities or it’s just been a while since they had. I wouldn’t make any corrections because I think that the people I interviewed said most of what I had listed and I don’t think these interviews are enough to say that I don’t possess the qualities that they didn’t mention but I did.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading over your blog post. I can definitely see the honest side that you talked about by how you described the things that make you different. I think it is good that you not only talked about good things that make you different, but also some things that could be perceived as bad. Most of the people in my blog did say many of the things that I had talked about, and I can see that some people did talk about the same things you did. It seems that people in your videos might have just used different words, but they had similar meanings to what you explained. Check out my blog at http://luissoto93.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-secret-sauce.html

    ReplyDelete