February 14, 2016

Customer Interviews No. 3

     From week to week my opportunity and interview strategy has remained, for the most part, unchanged. If you’re unfamiliar with my opportunity, check out the following posts http://cxgoss.blogspot.com/2016/02/interviewing-customers-no-2.html or http://cxgoss.blogspot.com/2016/01/customer-interviews-no-1.html
     I once again targeted groups of people that were eating and asked them to read the following business concept and answer a couple of questions: Mugged offers a unique twist on a traditional café where everything will be served in mugs. Since everything will be served in mugs, the food will remain cold or hot longer for a greater period of time; which will allow people to have longer conversations before their food becomes unappealing to eat. The long-term goal of Mugged is to become a unique café that provides a small town feel, even in a larger city like Gainesville. Ideally Mugged will become a place where people can go to have lunch or a cup of coffee and just forget about everything else going on, if only for a couple of minutes.
     After reading the business concept I asked each person to react to what they read. I then asked how likely they were to visit a place like this, followed by what they think the target audience of this café is. Here’s an audio recording of their responses:
     Overall people reacted positively to my business concept, all five people said that they would be willing to visit a place like this at least once. I was kind of surprised that no one had anything bad to say about the idea, which I think it because most people assumed that it was my idea and didn’t want to hurt my feeling. The only thing I think I’m going to change is my target group of people. In the second round of interview I increased my focus from 13-30 to 13-50 because of some of the comments that I received but I think that after this round of interviews that Mugged should target 13-30 year olds.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Caitlin,

    Your idea is very unique and definitely something I have never heard of. I would visit this cafe just to see how it works and I am sure it would become a hot spot in Gainesville just because of its uniqueness. I would be interested to see how all the foods could be served in mugs.

    You can check out my interviews on my blog at this link - http://darby95.blogspot.com/2016/02/interviewing-customers-no-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlin, I think its great that you feel confident in your target market, makes it easier to pitch your idea. I also find your idea very unique and I can definitely see it working in college towns such as Gainesville. I also believe it is smart you are going to see the how people in the age group 30-50 feels about this concept, I think they would be really entertained by the idea and can really be a money target for you. If you'd like to check out my blog heres to link: henrycastillojr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caitlin

    I think your idea is very interesting. I am a cafe lover so I would like to visit your cafe once as well. You changed your target market to be boarder. So it means that you have to come up with more menu to respond to different needs in each age group. Anyway, overall I can see that you put a lot of effort to do this assignment. Nice work.

    http://justathaigirl.blogspot.com/2016/02/week-6-customer-interviews-no3.html

    Numfon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your idea is very interesting and I enjoyed reading about it and listening to your interviews. I think any kind of quirky twist on a normal restaurant is a good idea, as it is difficult to differentiate yourself in the restaurant business. However, your idea helps you achieve that goal. The only criticism I have is with the name. While I understand the pun aspect you are looking to use, I think the name may be off putting to some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your idea, and I think that the group interviews were an interesting approach, possibly allowing collaborative creativity. I also think that the idea is a neat spin on the classic cafe, and you could really create a unique ambiance with the mug idea! Also, initially thought about getting mugged, so its a great name creating multiple responses. Check out my interviews here: http://intellectualramble.blogspot.com/2016/02/interviewing-customers-no-3_14.html

    ReplyDelete