February 3, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 1

      I often find that when I’m eating out with friends, my food always seems to be cold toward the end and I generally don’t like to eat it because some food just doesn’t taste good cold, like soup. Overtime, I’ve found that eating food out of a mug helps to keep the food warmer for longer periods of time, the opposite is also true. I think this is because there is less surface area exposed to the air, which helps to maintain the temperature longer. For my pitch I am proposing a café, called Mugged, which serves everything in mugs to provide a unique experience while also solving a problem.

3 comments:

  1. Caitlin,

    I think that you present a very unique idea in your elevator pitch. There are many people out there that can't stand to eat cold food (especially soup like you said). Furthermore, coffee shops such as Starbucks and Panera seem to make huge profits. The only question I would have for you is what makes serving food out of a mug any different from serving it in a small bowl? I think that with a good chef to make the menu and good coffee, you could have a very successful store/stores. Great job with this elevator pitch! If you wanna check out mine you can do so here:
    http://christheentrepreneur.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-number-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very creative and unique idea. I would try out this restaurant just because it sounds interesting. I thought it was great that you gave out statistics, and it definitely seems like you have done your research. I personally do not have a problem with food getting cold too quickly when I go out to eat, but I have seen this problem with other people before. I would try to appeal to other customers, and not just the ones that have a problem with their food becoming cold very quickly. I think the uniqueness of the restaurant can be a great way to bring customers in. Also, it sounds like the food menu will only contain warm foods, and I think you are limiting yourself. You could easily serve ice cream or cold desserts in these mugs. Overall, this is a great idea, I just think you can broaden your horizon with customers and have a larger demographic of who you serve. This should help make the restaurant more appealing to a large amount of people, and it will help the restaurant succeed. Below is my link for my elevator pitch.

    http://luissoto93.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caitlin,

    I think this is a great idea. I really like how well you described your service. You gave a description quickly and concisely while also maintaining an upbeat manner of speech. I feel like this is a true elevator pitch that would get an executive to look at your idea. I also like that you said any feedback would be appreciated. It shows that you are willing to work hard for this idea and change things that don't work. if you want, check out my post: http://ament3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-1.html

    ReplyDelete