April 21, 2016

Final Reflection

     Looking back on the variety of assignments that we’ve completed this semester it’s crazy to think about how much this class has changed me. I found that any assignment that challenged me to go out and interview people really took me out of my comfort zone and as a result will probably be the assignments that I will always remember, mostly because of how proud I am for completing them. The reading assignments probably taught me the most about what entrepreneurship is but the other assignments taught me what being an entrepreneur means.
     I don’t know if I would fully call myself a full entrepreneur but I’m definitely closer to being one than when I started this class. Throughout the past fifteen weeks I’ve noticed that I’m more aware of problems around me and I’m slowly starting to think of ways to solve these problems. The most important aspect of being an entrepreneur that I’ve taken away from this class is that I’m more open to the idea of failing. I realize that while you need to try your best at everything you do, you need to be able to accept the fact that you will fail but that doesn’t mean you’re a failure, what I’ve taken away is that, it means your succeeding at being an entrepreneur.
     My biggest advise for anyone considering taking this class is to ask yourself why you want to take this class. What do you really want to get out of it, an easy A or validation of your business concept? If you take this class with the right intentions then you won’t view the assignments as mundane tasks. Actually do the assignments. This might seem obvious but the best way to experience what being an entrepreneur is, means doing the assignments. To have the best success in this class try and work a week ahead, I’ve found that there’s a lot less stress involved when you have a week buffer for some of the assignments.

3 comments:

  1. Caitlin,

    Awesome post! I like that you answered the last question with a question, that is a great bit of advice. For me in particular my advice is to plan ahead, not days but weeks. Some of the projects were more time intensive than others.

    I am also happy to see that a fellow peers learned and had personal growth from this class as much as I did. I really stepped out of my comfort zone but am leaving the course as a better person than I was before.

    If you are interested in checking out my personal reflection, please follow this link:

    http://nicoleslifeatuf.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    Regards,

    Nicole Bell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlin,

    I am happy that you enjoyed this class as much as I did. When I signed up for the class, it was merely because I wanted to explore a little bit about what entrepreneurship really is. It is one of those things- the more you know, the more you don't know. I stepped out of my comfort zone as well, and I believe it really did broaden my horizons and widen my skill base.

    If you want to check out my final reflection, you can find it on my blog here: http://entrepreneurshipleslie.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caitlin,
    I feel the exact same way as you. I don't feel as though I'm an entrepreneur by any means but I do think that I was challenged. I enjoyed the exercises that made me go out of my comfort zone too! Check out my post: http://kristianasimon.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection-week-15.html

    ReplyDelete