April 10, 2016

Week 13 Reading Reflection

     In chapter 14 of Entrepreneurship: Theory, Process, and Practice, I was a little overwhelmed with all of the information that goes into the valuation of a venture. I thought it was interesting to learn about how to assess the value of a company because when I watch Shark Tank they always mention, and sometimes talk about, what the particular value of the company is but not how they reached the number. Overall, I think that it was helpful that Kuratko included the list of questions that an entrepreneur must answer.
     In this chapter I didn’t find any section to be particularly confusing, at times it was overwhelming but not confusing.
     It would be interesting to know if Kuratko knows the method for venture valuation that would be the most effective in showing future success because since there are three methods it would make sense that one has an advantage over the other two. Something else I would be interested in knowing is Kuratko’s opinion on hiring an outside source to evaluate a company. While I imagine that this could be pricey, I also think that it would give the best objective evaluation of a company and provide the owner with the best information moving forward.
     I disagree with the concept of emotional bias because there are some people that build businesses with the intent to sell them for a profit. I think that emotional bias plays a larger role in ventures started by people who are passionate about their product.

No comments:

Post a Comment